Brown Sugar Spiced Ham
Although it will smell divine and you’ll just want to eat it straight away, resist the temptation and let it rest for the full time. If you do, you’ll be rewarded with a Juicy, tender ham with a fabulous caramelised crust.
How long will it take?
3 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 5 kg ham, skin removed
- 450 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar with pepper, cloves and cinnamon.
- Lay out two pieces of aluminium foil large enough to wrap the ham. Place ham fat side up on the foil and rub the sugar mixture over the fat and along the side of the ham to form a thick coating.
- Wrap the ham tightly in the foil and place in a large roasting pan and bake for 2 hours or until it is glossy. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest in the foil for at least 1 ½ hours.
- Unwrap ham and slice meat to serve.