Tikka Masala Spiced Whole Chicken
Take your roast chicken game to a new level. A yoghurt marinade keeps the chicken tender and spices infuse a fabulous flavour. The chicken and vegetables are all cooked in one pot meaning less mess plus vegetables that are truly delicious.
How long will it take?
2 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- 2 kg whole chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 600g chopped tomatoes (fresh or tinned)
- 300ml chicken stock, heated
- 500g washed potatoes
- 200g baby spinach
How do I make it?
- Combine tikka masala paste with yoghurt and rub all over chicken. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Combine onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and blend to make a paste (some texture is fine).
- Heat olive oil in a large casserole dish that has a lid. Fry the paste for a few minutes, stirring until it has softened. Add coriander and cumin and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stock to the pan and season. Add potatoes and then place chicken on top. Roast in oven for 20 minutes without the lid.
- Reduce heat to 180C and then aste the chicken with the sauce. Cover with lid and continue cooking for 1 ½ hours or until the juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from the pot and place on a plate and vocver with foil to rest.
- Add spinach to the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pot and serve in pot, garnished with coriander.