Whisky and Orange Mustard Glazed Ham
Smoky ham, sweet honey and a divine Tasmanian Whisky and Orange Mustard are a winning combination in this Christmas ham.
How long will it take?
1 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 kg ham, skin removed
- ¾ cup runny honey
- 1 tbsp Hill Farm Whisky and Orange Mustard
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Using a sharp knife, score the ham fat (not the flesh) crossways in ½ centimetre intervals.
- Wrap the ham hock in foil (this prevents it from burning). Place the ham on a greased rack in a large baking dish lined with foil.
- Add honey, mustard, orange zest and juice to a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often until warmed through.
- Insert orange slices in the scores made on the ham fat, then glaze ham with 1/3 of the honey mixture and bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Glaze with half of the remaining honey mixture and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven. Glaze with the remaining honey mixture being sure to get glaze in between slices. Transfer to serving platter.
TOP TIP – Re-warm the honey glaze on the stove just before the final glazing.