Apple Cider Glazed Roast Chicken
Take Sunday’s roast chicken up a notch with this tasty twist.
How long will it take?
1 hour 45 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1.8 kg whole raw chicken
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp butter
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add potatoes, apples, rosemary and garlic to a bowl with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add apple cider, honey and mustard and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the mixture reduces slightly. Add butter, whisking to combine. When the butter has been incorporated, remove from heat.
- Add potatoes and apples to a roasting dish. Place chicken on top and brush with some of the apple cider glaze. Cook for 30 minutes, then baste with more of the glaze. Repeat every 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked, about 1 ½ hours.
- Serve chicken with potatoes and apples and drizzled with the pan juices.