Potato Galette with Smoked Salmon and Dill Crème Fraiche
A crispy potato galette is dressed with smoked salmon and dill crème fraiche for a fabulously delicious meal.
How long will it take?
1 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
For the Galette
- 1.5 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 120g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 60g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
To top the Galette
- 300 g smoked salmon
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 small shallot, minced, divided
- 4 tbsp dill, finely chopped, divided
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 210C.
- Place peeled and sliced potatoes in a large bowl.
- In an oven safe frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour butter and garlic over the potatoes and toss to combine.
- Start in the centre of the frying pan and arrange potatoes in a spiral, overlapping slices. When the base of the pan is covered, add some of the Parmigiano Reggiano and then repeat the layering until all potatoes and cheese are used.
- Place pan in the oven and cook until the potatoes are well cooked and golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before flipping onto a serving plate.
- Meanwhile make the crème fraiche sauce. Combine crème fraiche, half the shallot, 2 tablespoons of dill and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- To serve dollop dill crème fraiche over the centre of the galette and top with smoked salmon. Garnish with remaining shallot and dill. Enjoy!