Herb Infused Roasted Mushrooms and Shallots
Fresh herbs pair perfectly with oven-roasted mushrooms and shallots in this stunning side dish that is delightful served with your Christmas roast.
How long will it take?
Takes 40 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 6 shallots
- 100 mL olive oil, divided
- 1 kg cup mushrooms, or use a mix of oyster, shitake, Swiss brown, cup and enoki
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Peel shallots, cut in half and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 10 mL olive oil.
- Arrange mushrooms on a second baking tray and drizzle with 20 mL olive oil. Season and place both trays in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make dressing by combining 70 mL olive oil with garlic, lemon zest and juice and herbs.
- Separate shallot pieces and place on a platter with mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.