Tortilla Burrito Bowls with Chipotle Cream
An easy and delicious family dinner option. We made vegetarian burrito bowls but you can add slow-cooked pulled pork, beef mince, or shredded barbecue chicken for an extra protein hit.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 6 regular-sized tortillas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 200 g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 g corn kernels, drained
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 avocado, deseeded and diced
- For the Chipotle Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Brush tortillas with a little oil and place each one in the cups of a Texas muffin tin (if you don’t have a Texas muffin tin you can use small ovenproof ramekins, pudding basins, or bowls. Bake for 5 minutes or until the tortillas are golden and firm to touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Make the Chipotle Cream by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine rice, black beans, corn, tomato, red capsicum and avocado together in a bowl. Divide mixture amongst the tortilla bowls and serve with Chipotle Cream.