Mediterranean Picnic Loaf
There’s nothing better than a day out with family and friends. If you’re looking for something to feed the crowd and this Mediterranean Picnic Loaf is just the thing. Best of all preparation is minimal as you can get all the ingredients at the deli meaning all you need to do is assemble this savoury treat.
How long will it take?
30 minutes, plus chilling time
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 large round cob loaf
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 100g finely sliced salami
- 200g barbecued sliced eggplant
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 100g char-grilled capsicum, drained and chopped
- 200g brie
- 100g shaved ham
- 100g sliced Jarlsberg
- 4 barbecued artichokes, drained and sliced
- 50g sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
How do I make it?
- Slice the top off the cob loaf and set aside. Scoop out the centre of the loaf, leaving a 2-centimetre-thick shell.
- Mix mayonnaise and pesto together in a bowl and then spread the inside of the shell and lid with the mayonnaise and pesto mixture.
- Place a layer of salami over the base of the shell. Top with a layer of eggplant, cucumber, capsicum, brie, ham, Jarlsberg, artichokes and tomatoes. Repeat with any remaining ingredients.
- When loaf is filled with ingredients, top with the lid and wrap firmly in Multix Greener Clingfilm. Place loaf between two plates and weigh down with heavy cans. Place in fridge and leave to chill overnight.
- To serve, cut into wedges.