Quinoa Grain Bowl with Seasonal Vegetables
Taste the flavours of Autumn with this appealing grain bowl
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or tinned corn kernels
- ½ eggplant, grilled and roughly chopped into 2 centimetre chunks
- ½ red capsicum roasted and chopped into 1 ½ centimetre pieces
- ½ yellow capsicum roasted and chopped into 1 ½ centimetre pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup semi-sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
How do I make it?
- Begin by roasting capsicums and grilling eggplant.
- When cooked and cool, chop and set aside.
- Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Add 3 cups of water to a saucepan and bring to the boil before adding quinoa. Turn heat down to a low simmer and cook until half the water is absorbed.
- If using frozen or fresh corn add to the water and continue to cook until all the water is absorbed. If using tinned corn there is no need to cook it.
- Once quinoa is cooked allow it to cool completely before transferring to a large serving bowl.
- Using a fork, fluff the quinoa before adding the remainder of the ingredients and mixing well.
- Stir in olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper if desired.