Lamington Bliss Balls
These gluten-free protein balls are a healthier take on your favourite Aussie cake.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes about 24 bliss balls
What do I need?
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g honey
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 24 raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
How do I make it?
- Combine almond meal, protein powder and coconut in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract, honey and water and mix to form a dough. Add extra water if the mixture is not coming together.
- Take some of the mixture (enough for one ball) and use your finger to create an indent so that you can press in a raspberry. Use your fingers to shape a ball around the raspberry with the mixture. Repeat for remaining balls. Place balls on a baking tray and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second increments. When chocolate chips are fully melted, add coconut milk and stir well.
- Pour coconut into a shallow dish.
- Dip each ball in the chocolate and then roll in coconut. Keep refrigerated.
- Store Lamington Bliss Balls in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.