Roast Turkey Buffe with Chilli, Ginger and Lime Butter
Fresh and light flavours make this the perfect turkey for a Tasmanian Christmas.
How long will it take?
2 hours plus resting time
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4-5 kg turkey buffe
For the Butter
- 250g unsalted cooking butter
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Make butter by combining all ingredients together to form a paste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- Use your fingers to gently separate the skin of the turkey from the flesh.
- Place butter mix under the skin and spread it out evenly.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper and place in a roasting dish.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 180C and cook for a further 1 ½ hours or until juices run clear.
- Cover turkey and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving.