Chilli Beef Noodles
Just because you’re short on time doesn’t mean you have to compromise on flavour. These Chilli Beef Noodles are big on flavour and small on effort; in fact, you can have dinner on the table in just 20 minutes!
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 250 g dried egg noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 300 g stir fry beef strips
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 birdseye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, green part only, chopped to garnish
How do I make it?
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water as per the packet instructions. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Place in a bowl, drizzle with sesame oil and toss to stop the noodles sticking together. Set aside.
- Add beef to a bowl along with cornflour, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper and Chinese Five Spice. Toss to coat the beef.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. When the oil is very hot add beef and cook until dark brown. Remove beef from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add ginger, garlic, chilli and capsicum to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, then add chilli sauce and soy sauce. Cook for a further minute, then add beef and cooked noodles to the pan and toss to combine. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, or until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve in bowls garnished with spring onion.