This sweet glazed salmon is quick and easy to prepare and tastes amazing. Serve with rice for a fast and flavourful meal.
How long will it take?
30 minutes plus marinating time
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- Olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (about 500g in total)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How do I make it?
- Put the ginger and garlic into a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, maple syrup, mirin and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in a dish, season with salt and pepper and pour the sticky dressing over them. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge to marinate for up to 2 hours, but at least 20 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a dash of oil. When hot, add the salmon, skin side down, reserving the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes, then pour in the reserved marinade and cook for a further minute or so, until the salmon fillets are opaque halfway up the sides. Turn them over and cook on the other side for 3–4 minutes, basting with the sauce so that the salmon is well coated. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve the salmon fillets on individual plates, spooning over any teriyaki sauce left in the pan.