Pineapple Maple Glazed Ham
How long will it take?
1 hour 45 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 x 7-8kg ham leg, rind removed
- 5 x 440g cans of pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 150g glace cherries
- 2 cups water
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Wrap the hock in foil to prevent burning.
- Add brown sugar, maple syrup, Chinese five spice and ½ cup of pineapple juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a gentle simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place ham on a wire rack in a large baking dish lined with foil and baking paper.
- Place a pineapple ring with a glace cherry in the centre on the ham. Use toothpicks to secure. Continue adding pineapple and cherries until the ham is covered.
- Pour water into baking dish. Brush ham liberally with some of the glaze and cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes, basting with the remaining glaze regularly during the cooking.
- Remove toothpicks before carving.