Chicken Kiev Tray Bake
We’re all for easy dishes that taste amazing and this twist on the classic Chicken Kiev is just that. Tender juicy chicken breasts and super crispy potatoes are bathed in a garlic butter sauce before being dressed with crunchy breadcrumbs. It all adds up to a fab family meal that you’ll have on the table in just 30 minutes.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 700 g washed potatoes, sliced to 5mm thick.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40 g butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 40 g breadcrumbs
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Add potatoes to a roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season and toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer and place in oven.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix garlic, half the parsley, butter and remaining oil in a small bowl and season. In a separate bowl combine lemon zest and breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken in the roasting pan with the potatoes and spoon garlic butter over both chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle chicken with breadcrumb mixture and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve scattered with remaining parsley.