Hasselback Stuffed Chicken Breast
Turn the humble chicken breast into something special with this easy-to-make recipe.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 tbsp water
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp paprika
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add water and spinach and cover with a lid. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add ricotta, stir and cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut slits into the chicken breasts at 1 centimetre intervals. Make sure you only cut about three-quarters through the breast so that the bottom stays intact. Place breasts on a lined oven tray.
- Use a spoon to stuff the spinach and ricotta mixture into the slits and season with salt and pepper. Combine cheddar and Parmesan in a small bowl. Sprinkle combined cheddar and Parmesan over the top of the breasts and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the chicken is cooked through.