Tangelo and Poppy Seed Mini Bundt Cakes
Full of the tangy flavour of tangelos, these mini cakes are a wonderful individual dessert option. This recipe can also be used to make a single, larger cake if you prefer; it will just need a longer cooking time.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes approximately 12 small cakes
What do I need?
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup freshly squeezed tangelo juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp tangelo zest, finely grated
For the glaze
- ¼ cup fresh tangelo juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
How do I make it?
- In an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add oil, vanilla, milk and juice and stir to combine.
- Add salt, flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and tangelo zest and mix to combine.
- Pour into 12 greased mini bundt pans or a large bundt pan.
- If cooking a large cake, bake for 1 hour. If cooking mini cakes, bake for 15 minutes.
- Make the glaze by combining glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the pans and brush glaze over the tops and sides while the cakes are still warm.