Mango Coconut Balls
Based on a traditional Indian recipe, these fudgy balls are easy to make and taste amazing. The flavours of mango and coconut are a match made in heaven and will give you all those fresh, summer feels. We have used ground cardamom in this recipe but if you don’t like the flavour, you can omit it. These will keep refrigerated for up to five days.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
30 minutes Makes approximately 16
What do I need?
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut, separated
- 2-3 mangoes pureed to yield ¾ cup mango puree
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
How do I make it?
- Heat a deep saucepan over low heat. Add 1 cup of desiccated coconut and dry roast, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. You want to release the fragrance of the coconut but not brown it.
- Add mango puree, condensed milk and cardamom (if using) and stir over the heat until it all comes together in a doughy consistency, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool a little.
- While the mixture is still warm, pinch out a small quantity and roll between your palms to make a ball. Roll the ball in the remaining coconut and repeat until all mixture is used. Refrigerate until ready to serve.