Flavours of chocolate and coconut combine in this rich and fluffy mousse. Ensure that the coconut cream has chilled in the fridge for best results.
How long will it take?
20 minutes plus setting time
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 350 g milk chocolate, divided
- 2 large free range egg whites
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100 g chilled coconut cream
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
How do I make it?
- Roughly chop milk chocolate and set aside 100 grams for garnish. Melt remaining 250 g chocolate in the microwave or over a saucepan of simmering water. When chocolate has melted, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile whisk egg whites using an electric blender until soft peaks form. Add sugar and whisk again until the mix starts to go firm and shiny.
- Add coconut cream to melted chocolate with a pinch of salt and stir until smooth.
- Add one spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate and coconut mix and fold through to incorporate, then add remaining egg whites and fold gently, trying to retain as much air as possible in the mix.
- Divide mixture between serving bowls or glasses, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle each bowl with reserved chocolate and scatter over coconut flakes.