Chocolate Croissant Pudding
This easy to make dessert is perfect for the chocolate lover. It features chocolate croissants baked in a luscious chocolate custard and is ideal for a winter dinner party or a special family dinner.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 large croissants
- 300 mL thickened cream
- 150 mL full cream milk
- 80 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50 g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Fresh berries to serve
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Tear each croissant into 3 pieces and place in an ovenproof dish, arranging them so that they fit snugly.
- Make the chocolate custard by adding cream and milk to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a near boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in 50g of dark chocolate and all the milk chocolate.
- Add the egg yolks to a bowl with caster sugar and whisk to combine. Slowly pour in the chocolate and cream mixture into the egg while whisking continuously, until combined and smooth.
- Pour the custard over the croissants and sprinkle over the remaining dark chocolate. Set aside for 5 minutes before baking in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the custard has set.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries.