A twist on the traditional trifle, this one features peaches but you could swap them out for other stone-fruit or even mango if you prefer. You will need to start this recipe the night before you want to serve it to allow time for the fruit to soak.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 8 peaches, stoned and quartered
- 750 ml Marsala or pinot noir
- 7 tbsp caster sugar
- 295 g Madeira or vanilla cake
- 450 g thickened cream
- 250 g ricotta
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 10 Cacao Brandy Butterscotch macarons
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
How do I make it?
- Put sliced peaches into an airtight container with marsala/pinot noir and sugar. Cover and chill overnight.
- Cut cake into thick slices and arrange in the bottom of serving bowl. Strain peaches (keep the liquid) and add to the bowl. Spoon over a generous amount of the liquid.
- Whip cream, ricotta, icing sugar and lemon juice until soft peaks form. Add most of the lemon and orange zests and fold through gently.
- Crush 6 of the macarons and fold through the cream mixture. Spoon mixture over the peaches and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, roughly crush the remaining macarons and scatter on top with reserved orange and lemon zest and chopped pistachios.