Looking for cheap and easy after school snacks that the kids will love? Look no further than these Banana Pops. They take no time to make and with just four ingredients, are very budget-friendly.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200g cooking chocolate of your choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Crushed nuts, sprinkles, desiccated coconut or your choice of topping
- Icy pole sticks
How do I make it?
- Cut the bananas into halves. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Insert an icy-pole stick into each banana and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Place the cooking chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until all the chocolate is melted.
- Remove bananas from the freezer and dip into the chocolate mixture. While the chocolate is wet you can decorate with nuts, hundreds and thousands, desiccated coconut, sea salt or any other topping that you desire. Place the bananas back on the cold tray until the chocolate has dried, then serve.