Homemade waffles with Valhalla Ice Cream
Crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside and topped with Tassie’s favourite ice cream
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 200g (1⅓ cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- For greasing: soft butter
- Island Berries Chocolate Sauce
- Valhalla Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
How do I make it?
- For waffles, sift flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt, add oil, sherry, sugar and egg yolks, then stir to combine.
- Gradually add milk, whisking continuously, until a smooth batter forms.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into waffle batter.
- Heat a greased waffle iron on medium heat then cook ⅓ cup of waffle batter at a time for 2 minutes, then turn waffle iron over and cook for another 2 minutes or until waffle is crisp and golden.
- Serve waffles immediately, topped with your favourite Valhalla ice cream and drizzled with Island Berries Chocolate Sauce.