Choc hazelnut brownies with chocolate drizzle
Chocolate and hazelnut are a match made in culinary heaven. These brownies are crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and have a little crunchy surprise from the hazelnuts.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 9 brownies
What do I need?
- 220g dark chocolate
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 85g plain flour
- 2 eggs
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm square cake tin.
- Melt 120g chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring regularly, or melt in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Sift flour and cocoa into the mix and fold through.
- Add melted chocolate and hazelnuts and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely in tin before turning out and cutting into 9 squares.
- Melt the remaining 100g chocolate and allow it to cool slightly.
- To serve, drizzle with melted chocolate.