Pineapple, Apricot and Coconut Trifle
This tropical dessert will give you all the summer feels with its combination of pineapple, apricot and toasted coconut. You can substitute mango or peaches for the apricot if you prefer.
How long will it take?
1 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 3 tbsp caster sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 4 small apricots, diced
- 1 cup cream
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
How do I make it?
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons of caster sugar and the chopped pineapple in a saucepan. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pineapple has softened and the mixture resembles lumpy jam. If needed add a little water during the cooking. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Place in fridge to cool completely.
- Whip cream with remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in yoghurt and then add the pineapple mix and half the coconut.
- Spoon a little mixture into serving glasses, top with diced apricot, then more cream mixture and finally add more apricot. Refrigerate until ready to serve and then top with the remaining coconut.