Rockmelon Ice Cream
This fruity sensation is the perfect thing for warm summer days. It’s quick and easy to make and you don’t need an ice-cream machine.
How long will it take?
20 minutes plus freezing time
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 500 g rockmelon flesh
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 240 g thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How do I make it?
- Process rockmelon flesh in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Using an electric beater, whisk egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla until it is thick and creamy.
- Whip cream in a separate bowl until it reaches stiff peaks. Use a spatula to gently fold whipped cream through the egg and sugar mixture.
- Fold in rockmelon and mix to combine.
- Place mixture into a freezer proof container, cover and put in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer five minutes before serving.