No-bake Raw Blueberry Cake
With spectacular colour from the blueberries plus a gorgeous edible flower garnish, this vegan raw blueberry cake will bring a touch of glam to any table.
How long will it take?
40 minutes plus setting time, preferably overnight
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- ¾ cups pecans
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 ½ cups hazelnuts, toasted
- ½ cups dates
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup water
- 55g chia seeds, ground
- 40g copha, melted
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut cream
How do I make it?
- Lightly toast pecans, macadamias, and hazelnuts in a frying pan over low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Grease a 25 centimetre round fluted tart pan.
- When cool, blitz the nuts in a food processor until a crumb-like texture and place aside in a bowl. Add dates, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the food processor and bend to a rough paste. Gradually blend the nuts into the date mix until well combined.
- Use the back of a spoon to press the nut mix firmly and evenly into the tart tin and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile add blueberries and water to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook blueberries until soft, about 5 minutes. Press the blueberries through a fine sieve to extract the juice and flesh. Discard the skins.
- Place chia, melted copha, maple syrup and coconut cream in the blender and add 1 cup of strained blueberry liquid. Blitz and taste, adding extra maple syrup if it is not sweet enough. The mixture should be a vibrant purple colour, if not add more of the blueberry liquid.
- Pour mix over the top of the chilled base and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Decorate with blueberries and edible flowers, and serve.