Chocolate and zucchini loaf cake
Zucchini adds a wonderful moistness to the cake without changing the chocolatey flavour.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed grated zucchini (about 4 small zucchini)
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugars, oil, vanilla, eggs, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until combined. Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture until just combined. Add the grated zucchini and stir through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.