Oysters with Herbed Crumb
The world is your oyster with these plump Tassie oysters topped with a herby sourdough crumb.
How long will it take?
Takes 20 minutes
What’s the serving size?
Makes 24 oysters
What do I need?
- 24 oysters
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs, finely chopped
- 125 g sourdough breadcrumbs
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Handful of dill, finely chopped
- 25 g parmesan, finely grated
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How do I make it?
- Heat butter in a frying pan over high heat. When butter begins to foam, add shallot, garlic and thyme. Cook until shallot has softened. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring regularly until they are a light golden colour. Remove from heat and add in remaining herbs, parmesan and lemon zest. Season to taste.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil and use scrunched up pieces of foil to create “nests” for the oysters to sit in so that they stay upright while grilling.
- Place oysters on tray and top with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise per oyster. Add about 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture to each oyster and grill until golden. Serve immediately.