Spicy Pink Ling Laksa
Add a little spice to your mid-week meals with this tasty laksa. If you prefer a more mild flavour, cut back on the number of chillies.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
For the Laksa Paste
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 red chillies, chopped
- 1 x 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the soup
- 200 g vermicelli noodles
- 280 g pink ling, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 200 mL coconut milk
- 200 mL vegetable stock
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 1 red chilli - chopped finely
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
How do I make it?
- Soak vermicelli noodles in a large bowl of boiling water until softened. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Make Laksa paste by heating olive oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Add remaining Laksa paste ingredients and cooking, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place all ingredients in a blender and blitz to make a paste. Return paste to the pan and add fish sauce, coconut milk and vegetable stock to the paste and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, then toss in fish and capsicum. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and starting to fall apart.
- Divide noodles between bowls and top with fish and soup.
- Garnish with coriander, parsley, and chilli, and serve.