Huon Salmon Lemongrass Skewers
This amazingly tasty salmon recipe comes from our friends at Huon Salmon and it is absolutely ideal for your next barbecue. The preparation is super-simple and the taste is divine. Serve with a salad for a fabulous quick and healthy dinner.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 700g Huon salmon portions, skinless
- 4 lemongrass stalks
For the Marinade
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 or 2 birds eye chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mint leaves, coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
How do I make it?
- Cut 8 x 10cm lengths from the lemongrass stalks to use as skewers.
- Make marinade by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut salmon 24 equal-sized cubes and add to the marinade.
- Toss well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Thread three pieces of salmon onto each piece of lemongrass to make 12 skewers.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill plate.
- Cook skewers for about a minute on each of 4 sides, until opaque.
- Pile onto a platter and scatter fresh herbs and lime wedges to serve over the top and serve.