Pink Ling with Garlic Butter and Lemony Asparagus
Looking for some inspiration for a quick, simple and tasty fish dish? This Pink Ling with Garlic Butter and Lemony Asparagus is all that and more.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 600 g pink ling fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely diced
- ½ cup white wine or vegetable stock
- 50 g unsalted butter
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- Lemon slices to garnish
How do I make it?
- Season pink ling with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Wash asparagus and trim the woody ends. Blanch in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and soak in a bowl of iced water to stop them cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook pink ling on both sides until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan add garlic and wine (or stock). Bring to a simmer, then add butter, lemon juice, parsley and chilli flakes and stir.
- Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes before adding fish and cooking for a minute or until reheated.
- To serve garnish with parsley, chilli flakes and lemon slices