Sautéed salmon with citrus salsa
A fresh and light meal that looks spectacular on the plate. The bright colours and tart flavour of the citrus pairs beautifully with the salmon. Serve with quinoa and toasted pine nuts to complete the dish.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 x 200g salmon fillets, skin removed
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grapefruit sections
- ½ cup orange sections
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh lime juice
How do I make it?
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle salmon with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add salmon to pan and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until desired degree of doneness.
- In a bowl combine remaining oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, grapefruit and orange sections. Toss to combine.
- Serve citrus salsa spooned over the top of the salmon.