Salmon and Beetroot Terrine
A fabulously vibrant dish for any occasion
How long will it take?
3 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- Olive oil to grease
- 400 g smoked salmon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp horseradish cream
- 360 g cream cheese
- 20 g dill, chopped plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper
- 450 g beetroot slices
How do I make it?
- Grease and line a 19 x 9 x 6 centimetre loaf tin or terrine with clingfilm, leaving plenty of overhang to wrap the terrine.
- Line base and sides of tin with about 175g of the salmon, ensuring there are no gaps.
- Mix lemon zest, horseradish, cream cheese and dill with salt and pepper.
- Put one quarter of the mix into the tin and use the back of a spoon to flatten it out.
- Drain beetroot well and then pat it as dry as possible with paper towel. Add a single layer of beetroot to the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add another layer of cream cheese mix, then top with a layer of smoked salmon. Fill with more cream cheese mix (reserving enough for another layer), and top with another layer of beetroot.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese over the top and use remaining salmon to cover the top.
- Fold clingfilm over the top and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- To serve, turn out the terrine and unwrap the clingfilm. Garnish with dill and a good crack of black pepper. Serve with salad.