Stir fried sweet chilli scallops
Make mid-week dinner tastier than ever with this speedy stir-fry.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 ½ tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Pinch of Chinese five-spice
- 20 scallops
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Rice to serve
- Lime wedges (optional) to serve
How do I make it?
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Dust scallops with Chinese five-spice and add to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes, until they are firm and opaque. Note, do not overcrowd the pan while cooking the scallops. If your pan is not large, cook the scallops in batches. Remove scallops from pan and place on a plate and set aside.
- Add vegetables to the pan with a splash of water and sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry until they are tender. Return scallops to the pan and warm through.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges if desired.