Herbs and spices elevate this salmon to next level yumminess while roasting gives the perfect balance of crisp skin and delicate flesh
How long will it take?
1 ½ hours
What’s the serving size?
Serves 8 – 10
What do I need?
- 2 whole sides of salmon, skin-on
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 g chives, chopped
- 2 lemons, 1 zested, 1 sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a roasting tin with aluminium foil topped with baking paper. Put one of the pieces of salmon skin side down in the tin.
- Use a pestle and mortar or a blender to finely grind the peppercorns, coriander and caraways seeds with 1 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine dill, parsley, chives and spice mixture. Add lemon zest and then squeeze juice from lemon into the herb mixture. Stir in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Spread herb mix over the salmon, then top with second side of salmon, skin side up. Tie the two pieces of salmon together using kitchen twine, and tuck a slice of lemon under each piece of twine. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and put in oven. After 20 minutes add the wine to the salmon, basting occasionally with the juices. Cook for a total of 50 minutes, then check if cooked through. If not cooked through return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven when cooked and rest for 10 minutes before serving.