Roasted Blue Eye with Tomatoes and Fennel
We love a recipe that tastes great, is easy and only uses one tray! This fab fish dish is all that and more and it has flavours that the whole family will love. We’ve used Blue Eye but any white fish will work well and you can even use salmon, just cook it for about 5 minutes longer.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1kg cocktail potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, sliced into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- Large handful of dill, roughly chopped
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 4 x 200g blue eye fillets
- 2 lemons
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large roasting tray, add potatoes, onion, garlic and fennel and toss to coat with 3 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and then roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Give the tray a shake half way through cooking to move things around and prevent sticking.
- After 20 minutes, add tomatoes, dill and chilli and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add fish on top of the vegetables and squeeze over the juice of one of the lemons. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cut the second lemon into slices and place slices on top of the fish fillets.
- Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.