Crispy skin salmon with potato and dill salad
Dill and potatoes are the perfect accompaniment for salmon
How long will it take?
25 minutes preparation time • 25 minutes cooking time
What’s the serving size?
This will make approximately 4 serves
What do I need?
- 800g washed potatoes
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill leaves
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets (skin on)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Extra dill sprigs, to serve
How do I make it?
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool. Peel and chop.
- Combine sour cream, lemon juice, onion and dill in a bowl. Add potato. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place salmon, skin-side up, on a large plate. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and rub into skin.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin-side down. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn. Cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Serve salmon with lemon wedges and potato salad sprinkled with extra dill.