Ocean trout skewers with citrus marinade
Fresh flavours abound in this quick and easy dish. Make sure you soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least one hour before cooking to avoid burning. Alternatively you can use metal skewers.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 orange, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 lime, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 500g ocean trout fillets, cut into 2 centimetre chunks
- 300g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped curly leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
How do I make it?
- In a bowl combine juice and rind of the orange, lemon and lime with rosemary and soy sauce.
- Thread salmon chunks onto 8 small bamboo skewers. Put salmon skewers into a wide container and pour over marinade. Place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine cabbage, capsicum, parsley, oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Cook skewers on a hot grill plate for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until charred.
- Serve skewers with the cabbage salad.
Recipe courtesy of Petuna