Prawn Cocktails with Smoky Mayonnaise
We love this recipe for Prawn Cocktails with Smoky Mayonnaise because it's sumptuous, yet understated, and the perfect way to kick off a dinner party.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 ¼ cup (375g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika, plus extra to sprinkle
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked or regular sea salt
- 32 cooked prawns, peeled
- 2 avocados, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
How do I make it?
- Combine the mayonnaise, smoked paprika, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon smoked or regular salt in a small bowl. Cover and chill until serving.
- Season prawns with the remaining salt and some pepper, then set aside. Toss avocado with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce among 8 serving glasses. Top with avocado, cucumber and most of the spring onion. Arrange prawns on top and finish with a generous dollop of the smoky mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle prawns with remaining onion and some smoked paprika and serve.
Recipe from Delicious