Salmon, Spinach and Ricotta Parcels
With such a fantastic special on our favourite Huon Salmon this week, we couldn’t resist making these tasty pastries. They’re easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family.
How long will it take?
1 hour 10 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 250g fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 350g ricotta
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 2 eggs
- 800g salmon, skin removed
- 1 egg, separated
How do I make it?
- Add garlic to a frying pan with olive oil. Cook for 1 minute, then add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach has wilted then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When spinach is cool, add ricotta, parmesan and 2 eggs and mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel and cut into 2 centimetre cubes.
- Cut pastry sheets in half so that you have 4 rectangles.
- Distribute spinach and ricotta mix onto 2 of the rectangles leaving a 1 centimetre border. Add salmon and then brush the edges with the egg white. Take remaining 2 pastry rectangles and cover the salmon and ricotta and press the edges firmly to seal.
- Place parcels on a lined baking tray and brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed.
- To serve, cut each parcel in half and serve with a green salad.