We’ve taken inspiration from the classic New England lobster roll to create a Tasmanian version, the Crayfish Sandwich. This recipe has very few ingredients because the sweet, delicate crayfish is the star of the show.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 250g cooked crayfish meat
- 70g mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- ½ small birdseye chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
Lemon juice to taste
- 2 bread rolls
- 2 tbsp butter
- Lettuce to serve
- Tomato to serve
How do I make it?
- Remove crayfish from shell and dice into small pieces.
- Combine crayfish in a bowl with mayonnaise, spring onion, chilli, celery and chopped chives and season to taste. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Prepare rolls by slicing in half and toasting each side in a frying pan with butter until the rolls are golden brown.
- To serve add a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato to the buns and top with the crayfish mixture. Add remaining half of bun and serve immediately.