Lemony fish bites
These bite sized snacks feature a crisp and crunchy batter with a special ingredient; lemonade. Serve them with homemade tartare sauce and hand-cut chips for a tasty meal. They also make a great finger food option when entertaining.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 500g flathead fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 250ml lemonade
- 150g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Oil for frying (we used sunflower oil)
How do I make it?
- If you have a deep fryer heat it to 180C or use a deep saucepan filled halfway with oil.
- Add flour and salt and pepper to a large bowl. Pour in lemonade and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Drop fish into the batter, tossing to coat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and then carefully place fish in hot oil. Cook in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crispy
- Remove from oil, and drain on paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve while hot.