Flathead with salsa verde
Simple to make and tasty to eat … what more could you want in a dish?
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 fennel fronds
- 1kg flathead fillets
- 1 lemon, halved
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
For the salsa verde
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, leaves finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 100g pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, flesh segmented, chopped, juice reserved
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place fish on baking tray keeping fillets close together. Place thyme, parsley, bay leaf and 2 fennel fronds between pieces of fish on the tray. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over fish, then place the lemon on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked through, remove from the oven and squeeze over juice from remaining 1/2 lemon and drizzle with oil. Scatter with remaining torn fennel sprigs.
- For salsa verde, place herbs, garlic and anchovy in a bowl and stir to combine. Stir in olives. Add lemon zest, flesh and reserved juice to mixture. Stir in oil and season to taste. Dollop onto fish.