Tasmanian Crayfish Potato Salad with Truffled Mayonnaise
An occasion like Christmas calls for extra special dishes, the kind you remember long after the last decoration is packed away, and this is that dish. Fresh Tasmanian crayfish is dressed in an indulgent truffled mayonnaise, made using Random Harvest’s amazing Australian Truffle Oil. The oil features earthy flavours of black truffle balanced with Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and is finished with truffle pieces.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 cooked crayfish tails, halved
- 400 g washed pink eye potatoes, chopped into 1cm dice
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
For the truffled mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp Random Harvest Australian Truffle Oil
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle of Random Harvest Truffle Salt
How do I make it?
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook until just tender. Remove from heat and strain. Set potatoes aside to cool.
- Make truffled mayonnaise by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove the flesh from the crayfish, reserving the shells for serving. Roughly chop the crayfish meat and place in a large mixing bowl with the cooled potatoes, spring onion and parsley. Add the mayonnaise and toss gently to coat.
- To serve, arrange crayfish shells on a serving platter and generously fill with crayfish potato salad. Sprinkle with Random Harvest Truffle Salt and parsley leaves.