One-pan Pink Ling with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers
A restaurant quality meal on the table in 20 minutes using one pan and minimal effort; sounds like a winner to us!
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 4 x 150 g fillets pink ling
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
How do I make it?
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ling and cook for 3 ½ minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to the frying pan and toss in onion. Cook for 2 minutes, then pour in wine and cook until the wine has reduced to about ¼ cup. Add tomatoes, olives and capers and cook for 3 minutes, before adding spinach. Continue cooking until the spinach has wilted, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir well, then spoon the tomato mixture over the top of the fish to serve.