Scallop Pasta al’arrabiata
Spice up your mid-week meal with a pasta featuring sweet Tasmanian scallops in a spicy tomato sauce.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus an extra dash for cooking the pasta
- 1 large sweet chilli, finely diced
- 1 birdseye chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 410 g can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 400 g fresh pasta
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 700 g Tasmanian scallops
- Freshly shaved Parmesan to serve
How do I make it?
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until it has softened. Add garlic, chilli and capsicum to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and water and reduce heat to a simmer. Season to taste and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more water.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following the directions on the pack in a saucepan of boiling, salted water with a dash of olive oil.
- While pasta and sauce are cooking, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towel. Melt butter in frying pan, add scallops and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Drain pasta and add it to the tomato sauce, tossing to coat. Add scallops and stir gently to coat. Divide pasta among bowls and serve with shaved parmesan.