Garlic, Chilli and Coriander Mussels
Often the simple things in life are the best and that’s definitely the case with this remarkably easy mussels dish. Serve with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
How long will it take?
Takes 15 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 50 mL olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ kg mussels
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ bunch coriander leaves
How do I make it?
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter, then add chilli and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute, then add mussels.
- Cover pan with a lid and shake to toss the garlic and chilli through the mussels. Lower heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Discard any mussels that fail to open, then remove lid and allow some of the liquid to evaporate before adding the lemon zest and juice and chopped coriander. Cover and toss mussels again, then serve immediately.