Bream with cannellini beans and tomatoes
The delicate sweet flesh of the bream is complemented by the flavours of the beans and tomatoes in a fresh and flavoursome dish that is sure to delight.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 lemons, zest of 1 and 1 cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 x 90g fillets bream
- Small handful flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to garnish
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 110°C.
- Pour 3 tbsp olive oil into a frying pan over a high heat. Add the tomatoes and fry for a minute or two, until they begin to caramelise. Add the cannellini beans, lemon zest, garlic and capers. Stir-fry for another minute, then season and transfer to an ovenproof dish. Place in oven to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan, drizzle a little olive oil over the lemon wedges and fry, flesh-side down, for a minute or two, until slightly charred. Set aside.
- Place frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drizzle a little more oil over the bream fillets, just enough to coat both sides, and season. When the pan is hot, sear the sea bream, skin-side down, and cook for 3 minutes without moving, then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir the chopped parsley through the cannellini bean mixture and divide between 4 plates. Top with the bream, scatter over a little more parsley and serve immediately with the charred lemon wedges.