Crayfish with Chilli Butter
Summer, Tasmania and crayfish are an awesome combination. The subtle flavours of chilli, parsley and garlic are the perfect additions to fresh Tasmanian crayfish.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 cooked crayfish
- 30ml olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
For the Chilli Butter
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 2tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of one lemon
How do I make it?
- Cut crayfish in half and remove stomach sac and intestinal vein.
- Place crayfish halves, flesh-side up on a lined baking tray drizzled with olive oil.
- In a bowl, add all Chilli Butter ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spread crayfish flesh with the Chilli Butter. Cook under a grill for 5-6 minutes or until the crayfish starts to char.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.